By Fahim 'Coach Fah' Nassar
Hello Ladie-ma-gennelmens. Welcome to a completely non-scientific draft board! This is my first run at something like this and I guarantee there will be disagreements and poo-poo’s but alas. It is what it is.
Though I do not think there will be much movement in the draft on November 18th, I do believe there will be some movement. Being that there seems to be a consensus of parity in this draft class, and there is no consensus # One pick, I don’t think Minnesota is in a rush to waste that payroll on a pick they aren’t convinced on. I believe they trade down. I also believe Chicago trades up. They want to be explosive and I don’t believe they think Zack Levine is the answer, plus he is their best trade piece. I think they package him and Thad young to Minn and the trade is accepted.
I know that it was reported Boston is shopping all three of their picks this year to move up. I believe Charlotte, looking to retool, will be the willing partner there. They have a lot of young pieces and Nicolas Batum. Moving on from Malik Monk and Willy Hernan-Gomez are the likely offseason moves as well. I believe this will also mark a sign-and-trade with a team for Gordon Hayward. Boston was too close not to retool for a long playoff run.
While I think San Antonio does a sign-and-trade scenario for Demarr DeRozan, it is only if he opts into his next contract. If he opts out, he is a free agent and San Antonio will let him walk. They need to find a trade partner for LaMarcus Aldridge as well, though that may be a more daunting task.
For me, I believe that will be the end of the fireworks. This is how I see the draft playing out. Enjoy!
1. Chicago (trade w/ Minn- Zack Levine/Thad Young/ 4th Pick)- LaMelo Ball- PG Illawara Hawks
2. Golden State- Onyeka Okongwu- C USC
3. Boston- (trade with Charlotte 3 picks sign and trade w/ Gordon Hayward)- James Wiseman- C Memphis
4. Minnesota- Deni Avdija- F Maccabi Tel Aviv
5. Cleveland- Isaac Okoro- SF Auburn
6. Atlanta- Obi Toppin- F/C Dayton
7. Detroit- Killian Hayes- PG Ratiopharm Ulm
8. New York- Patrick Williams- F Florida State
9. Washington- Anthony Edwards- SG Georgia
10. Phoenix- Tyrese Haliburton- G Iowa State
11. San Antonio- Kira Lewis Jr- PG
12. Sacramento- RJ Hampton- G
13. New Orleans- Saddiq Bey- F
14. Charlotte- Devin Vassell- SF
15. Orlando- Josh Green- G/F
16. Trailblazers- Aaron Nesmith- G/F
17. Minnesota- Cole Anthony- PG
18. Dallas- Daniel Oturo
19. Brooklyn- Tyrese Maxey-SG
20. Miami- Jahmi’us Ramsey- SG
21. Philadelphia- Jalen Smith- C
22. Denver- Precious Achiuwa- F/C
23. Utah- Theo Maledon- G
24. Milwaukee- Tyrell Terry- G
25. Oklahoma City- Leandro Bolmaro- G
26. Charlotte- Isaiah Stewart- C
27. New York- Tyler Bey- PF
28. Los Angeles Lakers- Jaden McDaniels- F
29. Toronto- Desmond Bane- SG
30. Charlotte- Xavier Tillman-C